Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dream ..Hope...and Live

All of us dream. Some of us dream for a big career, a big house , a bigger car and often some of us dream for a little less weight. We are dreamers. However, depression often takes us from our dream. There are circumstances and situations in life which changes our dreams. Often some of us, we-dreamers, do not dream any more. Dream gets changed, life get changed and we, matter of fact grow older. The dream of that lucrative career fades away in the distant horizon. However, life goes on. We have to live and some of us really want to live in a world of dreams. May be we cannot catch the moon, but cannot we touch the star ? Generally all my blog posts are very much related to my life and my daily struggles. Struggles in a daily life, against the depression and failure. However, I am a very positive person. I want to take life in a positive way. And here is my today's post. Something too personal to share.
   My parents always wanted me to be a physician, a doctor...a life-saving angel. They dreamed for a good heart-full dream for their daughter. However I could not be. I cried and lived in the world of desperate struggles and frustrations for a couple of years. Then, I chose a different direction in my life. When all my friends were getting married, I chose to study again..a different subject. My MS classmates were all four years younger than me. I did PhD in materials science instead. It was completely different and I chose that for me. I am happy for my decision. Now I do not feel much regret why I did not become a doctor. I could not and I accepted. It was difficult to accept one's failure when parents and other loved one's emotions so much involved. But it was my life. I cannot stop dreaming about it. Dream may change but life has to move on. Today when I read about the suicide of beautiful 25 years old actress  because she was afraid to face the failure, I just want to say what if the definition of success changed. What if living your life happily and peacefully become the meaning of success to you ? How about that ? 
  



Life is beautiful and every corner of life has undiscovered hidden beauty and potentials. We have to play hard sometimes to discover it. Sometimes journey will be very lonely and hard. But there are sunshine, undercover  treasure beneath the hard stones. One has to upturn them with the hope and dream. Your life is only truely meant for you and for none. Beloved may betray you but that should not be the reason for taking your own life. Live life... its beautiful. Its meant for you
   I do not know if any body other than me anywhere reads this blog or not. But if one person feels better after reading this, I will be happy. Have a great day.
   
  

1 comment:

  1. I felt better reading this aditi..thanks for sharing nice thoughts.

    ReplyDelete