Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Stress In Monday Morning

I do not like Monday mornings. I am not the person who waits eagerly for Monday morning to come. No, I do not hate my job, in fact its a perfect job for me, yet I hate my Monday mornings.
Why ?
1) because after two days holidays I get delayed to start Monday Morning. I love my other days' of week but Monday drags my Sunday night.
2) Most of Sunday nights I feel to lazy to do any preparation for Monday.

But somehow I have managed to change something in my Sundays to have a better Monday. In last saturday, I cooked a large batch for Sunday. And I finished my groceries and laundry on Saturday. So Sunday morning we just had our breakfast and went outside for for park for quite along time. I even played a little bit of football with my son. We came back,ate lunch and took rest for whole Sunday. Dinner also was made before so I practically did nothing on Sunday night. Except few things below :
   1) Fixed Monday lunch for entire family. This is not much because my Guacamole/avocado sandwiches do not take much time to prepare.
   2) Kept the sink clean and shiny like http://flylady.net/ so better prepared for Monday.
   3) Kept the dresses ( and socks) ready for Monday.
   4) Just before bed, thought what the appointments I have on Monday.
So five minutes extra sleeping on Monday morning did not stress me out a lot .

Ok a very easy recipe of Guacamole/avocado sandwich:

Ingredients: Serving 2
  Sandwich bread 4
  Romaine lettuce 4 big leaves
  Ripen avocado 1
  Cucumber 1-cut in round slices
  Tomato 1-cut in round slices
   Lime juice 2 tbsp
  Onion slices (optional)
  Salt 1 tbsp (or according to taste)
  Pepper (according to taste)
  Cumin powder (according to taste)

Directions:
Cut avocado in this direction http://www.foodnetwork.com/how-to/how-to-choose-store-and-ripen-avocados/pictures/index.html
Squeeze the lime juice on the freshly cut avocados, smash it.
Put salt, cumin powder and pepper in to the mashed avocado.
Wrap the mashed avocado with a plastic wrap touching the avocado to avoid turning brown.
Refrigerate for next day sandwich making. This helps because next day morning it saves time.
Put the sandwich bread, lettuce and put the mashed avocado on it.
Arrange sliced cucumber, tomato and onion on the avocado.
Put another lettuce leaf on top of the sliced salads.
Then put one more bread on top of the second lettuce.
So the avocado/guacamole layer is in between two lettuce leaves.
Wrap them in plastic wrapper and its ready for lunch.

I like to cut lettuce, cucumber, tomato,onion and store them in the storage container for five days. That helps me to make sandwich much faster when I need them in the middle of week.

    So bye bye. Enjoy the avocado sandwich







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment