Monday, October 22, 2012

Some Low key days


Some days are not so good. You try so hard but cannot concentrate on anything.
  Today I had the same kind of day. It was very productive on my house chores. But here in office I was unable to concentrate on any work. I had lots of stuff to do, to finish a bunch of paper work and bench work. Yet I could not concentrate. Yes, I do agree I came late today (10 minutes late than usual). But that’s not the issue. I ate my lunch at least one hour before my usual lunch time. Something was wrong with me.
  But  I really wanted to work, or better to say I had to work.
So here were my strategies, let see how it works.
1.      I went outside for a stroll for 10 minutes out of my office. It was a beautiful sunny day. So I felt better.
2.       I drank a glass of water.
3.      Then I worked for next 25 minutes and then earned a break of 5 minutes. Actually it worked.
  A lot of time in our life, we are not “the boss “of our mind.  There will be some issues which in the back of our mind (may be sub-consciously) distract us. But most of the time, our professional life demands a lot more than we can offer at right that moment.  We may take a break for a day but it may not possible for many of us. "What am I going to say to my Boss?" It is easy to understand somebody’s physical obstacles or sickness but mental sickness or depression is an abstract to many of us.
·         I myself feel little planning and rewarding ourselves may be the best thing to cope up in those situations. May be bit of self-indulging is good for productivity. Telling yourself, “Hey, If I work for 1 hour without fidgeting, I can have a this one.” For me the cake-pop of Star-bucks ,” http://www.starbucks.com/menu/food/petites/birthday-cake-pop” is a kind of reward which is not included in my diet.
·         Often taking a real break for 15 minutes (out of desk ) on strolling/office treadmill is a worth trying. I usually go for a 15 minutes’ walk.
·         Talking to a friend whom I did not call for a while sometimes lift my mode a bit.
·       But I found that sitting in front of computer for long time never helps me to come out these bad mode days. I really need a real out-of-desk break to become more productive.

So these are my strategies which came out from my experiences. I wrote hoping if these help you too. But we are all different. So good luck with your own plans.



No comments:

Post a Comment